The mission of the FGF is multi-pronged:
To assist all emergency personnel, including but not limited to, firefighters, police officers, nurses, volunteers, sanitation workers, transportation workers and construction workers, within the United States who have been injured, or face serious injury due to action or omission, in the course of their duties or within their everyday lives.
The mission of the FGF includes educating elected officials and private entities on the various problems, concerns and issues faced by First Responders in their everyday duties. The FGF is therefore dedicated to advocating for First Responder rights and illuminating, to proper authorities, the serious issues they encounter.
In order to assist these individuals the FGF may: (but is not limited to), provide financial assistance for well-being related expenses such as:
- natural remedies
- health-related physical aids
- transportation to chemotherapy and other medical treatments and visits
- Basic home utilities
Additionally, the FGF may where appropriate and possible:
- place the individual in contact with medical professionals
- place the individual in contact with legal professionals
- advocate on behalf of the individual before appropriate authorities, both private and public
- provide any other assistance that the FGF Executive Board deems necessary and proper in a particular circumstance.
The FGF reserves the right to determine on a case by case basis what assistance to provide in each particular case.