Posted on August 14, 2015
In remembrance of 9/11/01, the Commack School District will continue its tradition of honoring the heroes of September 11, 2001.
This year we plan to have two fundraisers to aid the 3,600 plus men and women who have a certified cancer by NIOSH (The National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health). Seventeen hundred men and women have already died from diseases related to 9/11. Over 70,000 responders or survivors are receiving medical treatment or medical monitoring. The suffering does not end! To continue to bring awareness to these men and women, we hope to help by doing the following:
- We are once again selling 9/11 American Flags to line Scholar Lane. For further information, please contact Debbie Virga @ 631-858-3623 or email@example.com
- We are asking students to run 911 miles. Each student can decide how many miles he/she would like to run, from 1 mile, 2 miles, etc. They will need to get sponsors; a suggested donation would be $3 per mile. They can run any time before the 9/11 date, but the final mile will be on September 11th, immediately before our opening ceremonies. Attached is a sponsor sheet, which must be signed and witnessed. Students can choose to make their own teams. By running on the school track you could easily mark your miles.
- Students may use this as part of their CSIP requirements.
- One CSIP point per mile with a maximum of 5 CSIP points.
- All money raised will be donated to the FealGood Foundation.
- Checks should be made payable to Commack Educational Foundation.
- All sponsor sheets and money must be turned in no later than September 8, 2015.
Download the Sponsor Flyer here :
911 Miles for 9-11 Heroes Flyer